GREECE | Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens Christmas Recipe
Baby Pork with Celery Root, Green Apple and Raisins
For 1 person
300g baby pork cutlet
1 celery root
1 sour green apple
5 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Season the meat and sear in a frying pan on a high heat with some olive oil until golden, then put it in the oven for 30 mins.
- Peel the celery root, cut into cubes and boil. When ready put in a blender with the milk, butter, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Peel and cut the apple into small cubes, sauté the apple along with the raisins (which you can soak in brandy overnight or for a couple of hours for that additional Christmas spirit).
- Put the cutlet on a hot plate, place the mashed celery root on the side and garnish with the apple cubes and raisins.
- Sprinkle with the juices from the roasting tin and serve immediately.
See our Flavours of the Festive Season Pinterest board.