South Korea provides all of the right ingredients to cater for a long haul event. Being a central location in the Far East, and the home to one of the world’s largest cities Seoul, South Korea is an emerging destination, offering a mixture of activities, and a cultured history dating back 5,000 years.
With four distinct seasons, Korea can offer a truly amazing event all year round, especially during the beautifully iconic cherry blossom spring and the sublime winter, perfect for sports.
Korea is already renowned as a convention destination, and has previously hosted the Summer Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and upcoming Winter Olympics. It is a proven destination for any scale of event.
Activities suitable for all
There are lots of activities in South Korea especially in Seoul which stretches over the hills of the stunning River Han.
Activities to consider include:
- Visiting the five great palaces of Seoul
- Cycle along the Han River
- Head off to the beach and drive ATVs (All Terrain Vehicles) out around Seonjae, Cheuk and Mok islands at low tide
- Travel to the 38th Parallel, the DMZ and take a sneak peak at North Korea
- Learn how to craft fine ceramics in the Joseon Incheon Ceramics village
- For the food lovers, take a cookery class, dine on the exquisite royal court food, and enjoy fusion food in trendy Itaewan
- Take part on a night time street food tour
Why choose Korea?
Ensuring a stress-free journey, South Korea offers excellent transport and is easily accessible. There are 88 international airlines which fly direct from 183 cities, including Korean Air and Asiana, the two national carriers, BA, and Lufthansa.
Once in South Korea, KTX, a high speed bullet train connects Incheon international airport to Seoul and to the south coast in less than three hours. Numerous regional airports also provide fast access across the peninsular.
Fun facts about South Korea
- There are three flights per day from Heathrow Airport.
- It takes less time to fly from London to Seoul than to San Francisco or LA.
- There are daily flights every half hour from Seoul to Jeju Island
If you are looking to make your event stand out from the crowd whether it is in South Korea or somewhere else, contact us today.