Celebrating its 150 year anniversary, The Langham on Regent Street, London, invited
BI WORLDWIDE’s event professionals to its evening of fine dining and entertainment.
The celebration was held in the beautiful Grand Ballroom, where representatives from the Langham Hospitality Group and UK Representation Company, Avenue Sales and Marketing, joined their many guests.
The evening started with a cocktail reception, followed by the hotel staff showcasing some of the exquisite catering, incorporating key London elements which brought the whole evening to life.
Food stations and demonstrations were set up including Fortnum and Mason smoked salmon, Langham beef wellington, oysters, as well as Langham’s signature chocolate making.
A champagne station and central cocktail bar with a tree of flowers were also present for guests to enjoy.
The illustrious guests were rubbing shoulders with Sherlock Holmes and Winston Churchill look-a-likes and some A-List celebrities were spotted staying at the hotel including Lady Gaga who happened to walk by at the same time the cake was being cut at the front entrance.
Facts you may not know about The Langham:
- It took 800 hours for the hotel team to prepare and bake the 150 year anniversary cake.
- The then Prince of Wales opened the hotel in 1865.
- It was Europe’s first Grand Hotel. When it initially opened there was a huge excitement in London due to the nature of the property and the location, as it was far from the bogs of Belgravia and the Thames, with its own artesian that provided clean water (avoiding the further passing of the Cholera epidemic of the time). The Langham is still in a sought after location as it's close to Bond and Regent Streets.
- The Langham London is famed as being the birthplace of the afternoon tea tradition and was the host for a challenge in the Apprentice TV show.
- The Artesian Bar has been voted the World’s Best Bar for a third year running.
- There are 23 Langham Hotels worldwide including Dubai, Hong Kong, and New York.
- A place for celebrities – Lady Gaga was staying at the hotel during the anniversary event.