During our time revisiting Hong Kong we came across a lot of information regarding development in the first decade and a bit since the Chinese took over the territory, and how it compares to the explosive growth experienced in mainland China.
So, if it's of interest here are some of the things that caught our eye.
Helping put Hong Kong in the spotlight
In no particular order here's a short sample of places we found some interesting information and fascinating insight:
- Airport upgrade - as the third busiest international hub, capacity is forecast to be reached soon, hence a multi-billion $ investment in a third runway
- A $30 billion road and bridge to Macau development
- In depth reports and views on who, what and where has invested in Hong Kong
- This one amazed me - Hong Kong is within five hours of half the world's population! Check out the Pearl River Delta region
- Catch up with a summary of what Hong Kong can offer the incentive travel and meetings market
- Meetings and Exhibitions Hong Kong have some great material and summaries for all event planners and designers. Libby loves this site!
- Register for the Hong Kong Motivates programme - set for launch this summer
- Wondering what to do in Hong Kong?
- An event planners guide - a treasure trove of everything you need to know
- What Gwyneth Paltrow thought when she visited
- A great insight into the what makes Hong Kong culture what it is - architecture, cuisine, culture, shopping and natural beauty
- The waterfront development plan when it was a concept
Keep in touch with Hong Kong
If you want to keep tabs on developments in Hong Kong as they happen and what makes it such a great incentive travel destination, we recommend:
- Following Maris from Meetings and Incentives Hong Kong on Twitter
- Join them on Facebook or LinkedIn
- News Hong Kong - pretty much everything there is to know in one place